Custom made orthoses is the gold standard for correcting gait, but traditional plaster casting can be labor-intensive, slow, and imprecise.
AbilityMade’s Sector Scale-Up Program will equip 10 NSW-based orthotics clinics with technology packages to digitally scan and 3D print custom made AFOs. This government-funded initiative aims to improve sector productivity by reducing the cost and labour of fabricating custom made orthoses.
Clinics participating in the program will receive the following free of charge:
- 3D capture rig (instantaneous scanner)
- Tablet with access to our Central Fab Platform
- On-site training
- Ongoing technical support
This program is funded by NSW Department of Industry’s Disability Sector Scale-Up grant, and coordinated by consortium of AbilityMade, The Northcott Society, and Northcott Innovation. To learn more about how this program was funded, click here.
Eligible clinics should meet the following requirements:
- Employ qualified and experienced Orthotist(s)
- Service NSW-based NDIS participants
- Registered NDIS provider
- Prescribe custom made AFOs for children
- Small to medium enterprise
- Submit an Expression of Interest